Coffee Writer: Kenneth Dickson
Kenneth Dickson is a coffee writer, and creative blogger at this website. You can read more about his coffee writing below.
A Jolt of Coffee: Taipei's Riding the 3rd Wave for Coffee
"It's 7am... you're up, and struggling to make a cup of coffee..." - a common situation this coffee writer experiences! "A Jolt of Coffee - Taipei's Riding the Third Wave for Coffee", published in Centered on Taipei, February, 2017. Text and many pictures.
A Jolt of Coffee: Taipei's Riding the 3rd Wave for Coffee Part 2
Your coffee writer has explored the Third Wave for Coffee right here in Taipei, all for coffee lovers everywhere! "A Jolt of Coffee - Taipei's Riding the Third Wave for Coffee", published in Centered on Taipei, April, 2017. Text and many pictures. pg 14-16.
The Secret to Great Coffee
Excerpt: "If you've ever worked in an office, you'd be forgiven for thinking that coffee was only ever spooned out of a jar or served from an automated drinks machine. However, learning to use a drip coffee cone will yield a much finer cup of coffee in about the same amount of time."
Published in Centered on Taipei, pgs 24~25, February 2020. https://www.communitycenter.org.tw/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/CoT_2_2020.pdf
The secrets to great coffee are shared for all by yours truly, Kenneth Dickson in “The Secret to Great Coffee“, published in Centered on Taipei, September, 2017. Text and many pictures. pg 27-29.
E-book - For the Love of Coffee
If you're interested in whatever else I'm writing, you are welcome to come visit my main writer's profile siteor my articles and photographs @ LookThroughTheLens.com.
Gallery of Recent Covers
I enjoy shooting photographs. These are all for Centered on Taipei, which has kindly published several of my coffee articles, too!
That’s right! PurelyCoffeeBeans reckons you will love the recently made 2020 coffee calendar. You can check it out in the PDF embedded below. If you like, please feel free to download it, and print it out! I suggest you print out each page month by month and hang it above your coffee maker for coffee inspiration!
Each month features a unique coffee picture with a coffee of the month! I struggled hard to find different coffees that were alliterative with the name of the month, as well as being seasonally appropriate AND existed in my library of coffee photos. That was hard. There were rather a few lattes* in the year, though I managed to keep the coffee calendar to about 3 lattes in total. I hope you enjoy!
- January Java – Java Coffee Beans, dark roasted.
- February Flat White – February’s coffee is a Flat White from Down Under.
- March Americano – Straight Americano (Tall) served with 20cc cold milk & Lemon Puff filled with cream.
- April Cappuccino – Creamy Cappuccino with a dreamy whirl of art. Served with a base of strong espresso.
- May Espresso Macchiato – Strong Flavorful Espresso served with a dash of gently foamed milk to make our Espresso Macchiato.
- June Caffe Latte* – Freshly made cup of Caffe Latte in a lovely rose-patterned bone china cup
- July Iced Coffee – Delicious Cold Brewed Iced Coffee served on crushed ice.
- August Ogawa Coffee – Kyoto’s best Cappuccino Coffee.
- September Caramel Macchiato – Caramel Latte served in a Beautiful Mug.
- October Brown Sugar Latte – Brown Sugar Latte served in a Beautiful Mug. Heart Warming.
- November Latte* – Honey Cinnamon Cappuccino served in a Beautiful Mug. Seasonally Warming.
- December Doppio – Happy Christmas! Some great Christmas presents ideas for family & friends.
I do owe special thanks to Craig Ferguson for allowing me to use the awesome images of those Java coffee beans in 2015. You can see some of his stunning food photography on his website. Maybe you will even want to hire him for product photography for your coffee shop! I know I would!
If you’d like to buy your own copy of the Coffee Calendar 2020, then please drop me a line via the contact form.
BTW, if you're wondering what a tearsheet is, you'd be forgiven for thinking it represents the tears of the coffee writer (rhymes with 'ear' rather than 'bear'!)
Updates to PurelyCoffeeBeans
I also write, and edit, regularly for this coffee site. So you will get my latest coffee articles, and an extract from my latest book!
Now that we’ve brewed up a storm…
Now bookmark this page, or subscribe to the newsletter! You are always welcome to come back… ANY time!
Or perhaps you just need to put your feet up and make a cuppa, already? Don’t let me stop you!
Sign up to get my coffee newsletter regularly: with blog news, promotions, tips and advice. All to help YOU find, make and drink a truly great cup of coffee…! You’ll also get my latest book when it becomes available!
Don’t worry — your e-mail address is totally secure. I promise to use it only to send you The Purely Coffee Beans Perks Ezine plus freebies!
Drop me a message
Fill in the form below! I'm available for writing articles, please contact me for availability, article details, and current rates.